We are a Family!
SERVPRO of Carbondale/Marion is both a community-oriented and globally-oriented company. We love to give back to our community year-round. We do this through a myriad of community efforts, such as Chamber Luncheons and events, partaking in local events, golf tournaments and more.
We understand the importance and impact of giving back. Being community & globally-oriented is one of many reasons we attribute our success to. SERVPRO of Carbondale/Marion wants to do anything we can to contribute to our community and show that we care! Here at SERVPRO of Carbondale/Marion, you are not just seen as a client; we welcome each individual we work with, into our SERVPRO family.
We’re a locally owned and operated business, so we live, work, play, and worship in this community, too, just like you.
Call us today for any of your restoration needs at (618) 998-8828. You can trust us like you trust your own family.
Prepare you Business
As a business owner, you are constantly thinking about your business; how to improve it, and how to keep it running smoothly. But, do you ever think about natural disasters that could damage your business?
SERVPRO of Carbondale/Marion offers free Emergency Action Plans to install in your business. When preparing with an E.A.P., your business will know what to do in the event of a natural disaster. SERVPRO of Carbondale/Marion can create E.A.P.'s for your business with a few easy steps of communicating with you about your business, a few pictures to add into the plan, and creating the plan on paper and on the app for you to easily access.
This easy and free option can and will prepare not only you, but also your employees, on what to do in the event of a flood, fire, or storm. Choosing an E.A.P. through SERVPRO of Carbondale/Marion allows a stress-free, easy to follow plan that will save your business possible high amounts of money that could happen if no plan is provided to quickly stop or prevent disasters.
Interested in an Emergency Action Plan for your business? Call us today at (618) 998-8828.
10 facts about mold:
- Mold infestation can quickly arise and spread throughout a home in 48-72 hours.
- Mold is present almost everywhere -- both indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture and can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
- Microscopic spores serve as a conduit, which allow those spores to float along in the air and enter a home or business through windows and HVAC systems. They can even hitch a ride from your pets and travel indoors.
- Mold comes in many colors and shapes.
If you suspect that your residential or commercial property has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Carbondale/Marion fits the mold and can inspect, assess and remediate your property.
Storms, Storms, Storms.
Wow, oh, wow! Southern Illinois has had some pretty crazy weather this past month! Tornadoes and strong storms with high speed wind, has been very disturbing to our Southern Illinois area.
Has your home been damaged by these storms? SERVPRO of Carbondale/Marion is here to help if so!
SERVPRO of Carbondale/Marion has highly trained technicians to clean and restore any damage that a storm or water has ruined. We offer the best of the best and we care about you and your family or business. Our fast pace will get the job completed in an efficient way; leaving your home or business "Like it never even happened."
Call us today at (618) 998-8828 for any of your fire, water, or storm damage needs! We can assure you, the job will be done in a fast, efficient, and professional way.
Located in Marion, IL at 1610 Adams Dr.
Ways to Preapare for the Storm
Storm headed your way? Read these tips to prepare:
- Always keep a battery-powered radio in your home so that you can tune to radio stations if you lose electricity. Check or change the batteries frequently.
- Keep a flashlight in an easily accessible spot on every floor of your home. Check the batteries monthly, and replace them as needed.
- Keep a supply of candles on hand for power failures.
- As a safety precaution before leaving the house on vacation, unplug all electrical appliances except for those lights connected to automatic timers.
- If you live in a storm-prone area, nail down roof shingles or use adequate adhesives to keep them from blowing off in a violent wind. For roofs with shingles that are not the seal-down type, apply a little dab of roofing cement under each tab.
- A lightning-protection system should offer an easy, direct path for the bolt to follow into the ground and thus prevent injury or damage. Grounding rods (at least two for a house) should be placed at opposite corners of the house.
- Don't go out during a hurricane unless you have to. However, if flooding threatens, seek high ground, and follow the instructions of civil defense personnel.
- When a major storm is imminent, close shutters, board windows, or tape the inside of larger panes with an "X" along the full length of their diagonals. Even a light material like masking tape may give the glass the extra margin of strength it needs to resist cracking.
For more tips visit https://home.howstuffworks.com/home-improvement/home-diy/projects/storm-safety-tips.htm
In the event of your home or business getting damaged by a storm, call SERVPRO of Carbondale/Marion at (618) 998-8828.
This could happen to your Business
Water damage usually occurs from flooding due to the weather in the area. But are you aware of other potential water damaging hazards in your business?
Here are some of the typical causes of water damage to commercial buildings.
1. Malfunctioning sprinkler systems. Some older buildings have outdated water sprinkler systems that work in sync with the fire alarm system. But, outdated sprinklers can malfunction and cause major water damage.
2. Damaged appliances and equipment. This cause of commercial flood damage is more common in restaurants and catering facilities, as well as any business that has appliances and equipment that make use of water. If the appliance fails and sends water across your building, especially during late hours when no one is around, you may come back to work and face a water emergency.
3. Broken pipes and plumbing. Just like in your own home, pipes and plumbing can fail, leading to a watery mess.
4. Backed up sewer lines. This potentially dangerous mess is often not thought about, especially in your commercial business. But, it is something that should be taken care of FAST.
When running a commercial business, it is often hard to think of everything. Water damage is usually not the first thing on your mind when running your business. In the event that you or an employee finds water, call SERVPRO of Carbondale/Marion to get it taken care of. SERVPRO of Carbondale/Marion will get your business back in great shape so fast that it will be "Like it never even happened."
Call us today at (618) 998-8828.
Need a Professional?
Have you checked under your kitchen or bathroom sink lately? Most people store a variety of cleaners, sponges, and miscellaneous clutter under the sink. It is out of the way, out of sight, but still handy. However, the team at SERVPRO of Carbondale/Marion knows this can put small problems out of site, leading to huge problems.
Leaks from pipes under the sink are a common cause of water damage. With all the clutter that you hide in that sink cabinet, you may never even notice a water leak.
The drip might be slow but can accumulate over time to cause major problems. water can cause major damage over time to the floor in your bathroom or kitchen, and the ceiling of the room below. It ruins your possessions and appliances. Unnoticed water leaking will ruin everything it comes in contact with.
As soon as you notice a water leak, it is important to get the appropriate help as soon as possible. When calling SERVPRO of Carbondale/Marion for your restoration needs, we will assure you it will be done professionally and efficient.
The Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification IICRC, which sets industry standards, certifies our SERVPRO team. We receive specialized training in a range of services, including microbial remediation, drying techniques, and water damage restoration. We use state-of-the-art air movers and dehumidifiers, and the most advanced cleaning, sanitizing and deodorizing agents.
Call us today at (618) 998-8828 for any water damage you may find!
Why Choose Us?
Have you ever had fire damage, water damage, storm damage, or mold damage at your home or business and wondered what restoration company should I use? Here is one of many reasons why you should chose SERVPRO of Carbondale/Marion.
No matter the size or extent of damage you have at your commercial or residential property, SERVPRO of Carbondale/Marion has the capacity to handle all jobs -- large and small. We have the resources to handle storms and disasters. When a major storm hits, it may overwhelm other local restoration companies; but, SERVPRO® of Carbondale/Marion can scale our resources by accessing the equipment and personnel to fit the needs. Additionally, we have easy access to SERVPRO Disaster Recovery Team, which specialize in major storms and catastrophic events.
Remember, this is just one reason to pick SERVPRO, but there are a number of other reasons. The next time you need the leading restoration company, simply call (618) 998-8828.
Bleach VS Mold
Surprisingly, bleach does NOT kill mold. Bleach can actually contribute to mold growth. The trusted and experienced SERVPRO of Carbondale/Marion, is here to educate you on this topic: a common misconception: bleach + mold.
If you suspect mold at your residential or commercial property, please know that bleach is not the solution. It may seem like an inexpensive way to remove your mold problem, but, with the use of bleach, you could be causing more harm than good.
Confusion and misunderstanding surround the topic of mold and mold remediation. Some restoration businesses even make claims to remove all mold from a building. This is a fallacy. Here at SERVPRO® of Cape Carbondale/Marion, our technicians are trained mold damage specialists who get started quickly to get your home or business back to normal, with specific training and certifications to handle your restoration needs. Our advanced equipment helps to detect and stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber.
The best way to combat a common misconception is to educate yourself, and immerse yourself in that subject.
Now that you’ve been educated on this topic: a common misconception: bleach + mold, will you give us your next mold restoration job? Call the mold specialists at (618) 998-8828. We’ll make that mold damage at your home or business "Like it never even happened."
Tips to know
One thing you need to know when it comes to a fire in your home or business is the importance of timing. Two minutes may not seem like a long time, but, as it relates to a fire, it can feel like an eternity and cause significant fire damage. In just a few minutes, a fire can become life-threatening. Something else you need to know about our team at SERVPRO of Carbondale/Marion are experts in the fire damage repair and restoration industry. We come to your rescue to make it “Like it never even happened.”
Do you know the amount of time it takes for a residence to become engulfed in flames? Five minutes. According to Ready.gov, heat is more threatening than flames. Room temperatures in a fire can be 100 degrees at floor level and rise to 600 degrees at eye level. These extreme temperatures are very harmful to human bodies.
SERVPRO of Carbonale/Marions' “restore first” mentality reduces interruption and gets you back to your life quickly. We have specific damage restoration training, personnel, and equipment.
SERVPRO of Carbondale/Marion is your leading local professional fire damage repair and restoration company. Our experienced and qualified team can get your residential or commercial property back to previous condition “Like it never even happened.” If fire damage strikes your home or business, you can call us at (618) 998-8828.