Recent Commercial Posts
SERVPRO Commercial Cleaning and Restoration
Part of mission at SERVPRO has been to create a team of well-trained and experienced disaster recovery technicians, certified in a broad range of remediation, mitigation, and restoration specialties. Our team far exceeds our expectations and we are grateful for their devotion and desire to serve others here in Southern Illinois.
Emergency preparedness planning can be a useful tool for our area’s businesses. We offer the SERVPRO Emergency Ready Plan and Profile (ERP) as an opportunity for our managers to view and assess your premises and operations before disaster strikes. Abby Carrie is the head of our Emergency Ready Plan team and she will go to any business and create one for you and your business at zero cost. Using your input via mobile app, she will devise a personalized digital response plan that lets our crew hit the ground running if a catastrophe occurs.
- Small Office Buildings
- Large Office/High-Rise Office Buildings
- Apartment Buildings
- Small Retail Stores
- Large Retail/Big-Box Stores
- High-Rise Residential
- Manufacturing & Industrial
Call SERVPRO of Carbondale/Marion at 618-998-8828 today.
10 facts about mold:
- Mold infestation can quickly arise and spread throughout a home in 48-72 hours.
- Mold is present almost everywhere -- both indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture and can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
- Microscopic spores serve as a conduit, which allow those spores to float along in the air and enter a home or business through windows and HVAC systems. They can even hitch a ride from your pets and travel indoors.
- Mold comes in many colors and shapes.
- “The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Institute of Medicine of the U.S. National Academy of Sciences, the World Health Organization and Health Canada all agree that living or working in a building with mold damage results in increased risk of respiratory disease.”
Mold can produce allergens and irritants. You will want a professional who has training and experience to properly resolve the mold infestation. If you suspect that your residential or commercial property has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Carbondale/Marion fits the mold and can inspect, assess and remediate your property.
Does Bleach Kill Mold?
Surprisingly, bleach does NOT kill mold. Bleach can actually contribute to mold growth. The trusted and experienced SERVPRO of Carbondale/Marion, is here to educate you on this topic: a common misconception: bleach + mold.
If you suspect mold at your residential or commercial property, please know that bleach is not the solution. It may seem like an inexpensive way to remove your mold problem, but, with the use of bleach, you could be causing more harm than good.
Confusion and misunderstanding surround the topic of mold and mold remediation. Some restoration businesses even make claims to remove all mold from a building. This is a fallacy. Here at SERVPRO® of Cape Carbondale/Marion, our technicians are trained mold damage specialists who get started quickly to get your home or business back to normal, with specific training and certifications to handle your restoration needs. Our advanced equipment helps to detect and stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber.
The best way to combat a common misconception is to educate yourself, and immerse yourself in that subject.
Now that you’ve been educated on this topic: a common misconception: bleach + mold, will you give us your next mold restoration job? Call the mold specialists at (618) 998-8828. We’ll make that mold damage at your home or business "Like it never even happened."
Prepare Your Business with an E.A.P.
As a business owner, you are constantly thinking about your business; how to improve it, and how to keep it running smoothly. But, do you ever think about natural disasters that could damage your business?
SERVPRO of Carbondale/Marion offers free Emergency Action Plans to install in your business. When preparing with an E.A.P., your business will know what to do in the event of a natural disaster. SERVPRO of Carbondale/Marion can create E.A.P.'s for your business with a few easy steps of communicating with you about your business, a few pictures to add into the plan, and creating the plan on paper and on the app for you to easily access.
This easy and free option can and will prepare not only you, but also your employees, on what to do in the event of a flood, fire, or storm. Choosing an E.A.P. through SERVPRO of Carbondale/Marion allows a stress-free, easy to follow plan that will save your business possible high amounts of money that could happen if no plan is provided to quickly stop or prevent disasters.
Interested in an Emergency Action Plan for your business? Call us today at (618) 998-8828.
Did you know this could happen to your business?
Water damage usually occurs from flooding due to the weather in the area. But are you aware of other potential water damaging hazards in your business?
Here are some of the typical causes of water damage to commercial buildings.
1. Malfunctioning sprinkler systems.Some older buildings have outdated water sprinkler systems that work in sync with the fire alarm system. But, outdated sprinklers can malfunction and cause major water damage.
2. Damaged appliances and equipment.This cause of commercial flood damage is more common in restaurants and catering facilities, as well as any business that has appliances and equipment that make use of water. If the appliance fails and sends water across your building, especially during late hours when no one is around, you may come back to work and face a water emergency.
3. Broken pipes and plumbing. Just like in your own home, pipes and plumbing can fail, leading to a watery mess.
4. Backed up sewer lines. This potentially dangerous mess is often not thought about, especially in your commercial business. But, it is something that should be taken care of FAST.
When running a commercial business, it is often hard to think of everything. Water damage is usually not the first thing on your mind when running your business. In the event that you or an employee finds water, call SERVPRO of Carbondale/Marion to get it taken care of. SERVPRO of Cabrondale/Marion will get your business back in great shape so fast that it will be "Like it never even happened."
Call us today at (618) 998-8828.
How to Prevent Mold in your Business
When you own commercial property in Southern Illinois, it can be difficult to stay on top of everything that goes on in your building. Being vigilant about mold removal and prevention, however, can save you a lot of time and money in the long run. Here are four tips on how to prevent mold and how to handle it quickly if you do find a growth in your building.
1. Keep Building Clean
Mold can feed off any organic material, particularly when it is accompanied by excess moisture. Make sure spills are cleaned up quickly and thoroughly so that fungus doesn't have a chance to thrive under your carpet or floorboards.
2. Keep Building Dry
Commercial mold cleanup specialists recommend monitoring your building's moisture level to reduce the chance of mold growth. Humidity should always remain at 30-50%. Dehumidifiers can be placed throughout the building to help keep the moisture level in the air where you need it to be.
3. Repair Damage Quickly
Mold removal isn't something you want to wait to do. As soon as you identify a problem, you should have professionals who specialize in mold remediation to assess and resolve the issue. They can also help you make a plan to prevent mold in the future.
4. Communicate With Staff
You can't be in your building all the time, so it's important to communicate with the people who are. Your custodial staff is a great source of information on what is going on at your commercial property. These employees are the most likely to notice problems early so that you can call someone to fix them.
While preventing fungus growth is likely your preference, mold removal can usually be a fairly quick process if you catch it early enough. Taking care of your building and communicating regularly with those who help do so can ensure that you are aware of any issue that occurs.
If you notice mold in your business, get it taken care of fast and professionally by calling SERVPRO of Carbondale/Marion at (618) 998-8828.
Can SERVPRO Help at Businesses Too?
SERVPRO of Carbondale/Marion cleans, deodorizes, and completes disaster relief in businesses all of the time!
Our crew is fully capable and prepared to tackle multiple situations and your business's home is included on our list!
Our crew is aware that your business needs to be up and running again as soon as possible. With this in mind, SERVPRO of Carbondale/Marion sends out a professional team to assure your business will be available to the public as fast as they can in a clean and adequate manner.
Commercial Specialty Cleaning Services options may include but not limited to:
- Air Ducts and HVAC
- Carpet and Upholstery
- Ceilings, Floors, and Walls
- Document Restoration
- Drapes and Blinds
- Odor Removal
- Trauma and Crime Scene
If you are needing assistance with any of the above listed, contact SERVPRO of Carbondale/Marion at any time of any day at (618) 998-8828.